Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Mothers Love

Mom: So how is the job hunt going?
Eric: Not so good. I just finished a temp assignment but they didn't need me full time.
Mom: It would have been great if they hired you full time.
Eric: Yeah but I try not to make wishes. I mean that would be like wishing I never got laid off in the first place, or wishing they hired me back after a few months. Why stop there I could wish to win the lottery or that some body reads my strip and wants to option a movie deal or a cartoon based on it. Better yet how about I wish I meet a beautiful rich girl who falls in love with me and makes me her boy toy.
Mom: That one will never happen.
Eric: Wow... So that's the the line? You think I have a better chance at the lottery than a chick with money falling for me? Thanks mom and you wonder why "Throw Momma from the Train" is one of my favorite movies.

No comments: